Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Work in progress



 I just fished this painting out of a pile of old flops that I have been storing forever, knowing that there are problems I have to deal with someday - or just trash it. I had painted a largish figure on the left  walking towards me, and a smaller figure crossing the street. I didn't like either of them for a number of reasons. So... time to paint over them and wrestle with 'now what do i do'. 
The first obvious idea was to cut the panel down to 18x24 now that both focal points are gone.  But panels are so hard to cut and... jeez, what a cop out!  So I stared at it and thought - ah - a biker! I put one in and now the piece is feeling like it has some potential. The reference looks like it was from 19th street and 6th ave - where the old Bed Bath and Beyond was - or still is? Other than the biker, the city reference is long gone, so I will just keep staring at it, keep wondering 'what do i do now" , try out some ideas, and hope for the best!

6 comments:

Bruce Bingham said...

Nice, love the biker leading me into the painting!

Patti Mollica said...

Thank you bruce!

Jhon Marshal said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Love your painting! When will we be able to purchase the Strathmore pad with your art on the front?

Patti Mollica said...

Hi Mary Jane -
not sure exactly when they will be in stores, but would like to send a little more info about working with the product, if you contact me directly via email. Thanks for your nice comment, mary jane!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.