Monday, April 4, 2016

Abstracting City Shapes

"Looking South on Tenth Ave."  12x12", Acrylic  Click for info
Sometimes I like to paint the same image more than once, and push it in different ways. This is the same intersection as "Gallery District NYC", posted a few days ago, but much more abstracted. Again, I had to create people to give interest to the focal point, but this time I left in the van and delivery truck.  I think they work in this version because they help lead your eye to the focal point. Plus I think they add some needed diagonal direction to balance out the strong vertical and horozontal shapes.

4 comments:

Adriana Guidi said...

I love your use of abstract for the city!

Patti Mollica said...

Thank you adriana!

Untitled said...

Thanks for sharing its really amazing ! www.kraftout.com

Radhika Sharma said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.